Project & Programme Management: Delivery Services
Industry: Public Sector – Defence
Client: Ministry of Defence
The Ministry of Defence (MoD) is the British government department responsible for implementing the defence policy set by Her Majesty’s Government.
Programme of works delivered:
The Ministry of Defence (MoD) spends approx. £1.2bn each financial year on equipment, training estates, communication, ammunition, pay and materials to support training.
Our senior consultant was engaged to deliver this two (2) star General mandated Army training and HR management system, without this capability, the Army will be unable to accurately plan and manage resources for support to training, and ensure fully capable support of operations.
- Successful implementation of The Army training and HR management system project across the full project lifecycle utilising world-class delivery method. This project is projected to deliver savings of £8.2 million over 10 years
- Successfully developed and delivered multiple interfaces with the Army Data Warehouse
- Successful migration of Operational Deployability Record (ODR) system from legacy to the MoD Oracle Consolidated Platform (OCP) and hosted in the Army Hosting Environment (AHE). ODR is a key Army application that links Military Annual Training Tests (MATTs) to formal policy
- Achieved 100% success with data transformation, data cohesion and migration delivery of over 6.6 million personnel records.
- Introduced industry best practices and procedures to ensure effective programme management and delivery, such as developing the Army Training Enhancement Project Business Case using the Five Case Model i.e. Strategic, Economic, Commercial, Financial and Management cases.
- Introduced Risk Based Assurance & Testing (RBAT) approach to system testing during the Churchill project delivery
- Drafted and issued the Project Post Evaluation (PPE) report and also completed all knowledge transfer activities to ensure that Churchill continue to receive robust support.
- Implemented and managed staff coaching during project handover utilising the Defence Learning Environment (DLE)
Obaforte continue to collaborate with its client to deliver ‘value for money’ projects.