Project & Programme Management: Delivery Services
Industry: Public Sector – Revenue & Tax
Client: HM Revenue & Customs
Programme of works delivered:
- Successfully implemented the VAT Information Exchange System (VIES) project (an European Commission project). The most significant benefit was the reduction of the administrative burden on companies with the elimination of c60 million customs documentsper annum.
- Successfully delivered the Money Laundering Regulations solution and the European Sales List Projects. The European Sales List was part of a number of initiatives to prevent carousel fraud estimated at £2 billion to £3billion in lost HMRC tax revenues
- Successfully completed the UK Remote Conformance Test (RCT) with the European Commission through the UK/EU information gateway.
- Successful delivery of the HR Planning Application (NIKU Clarity): CA Clarity Project Portfolio Manager is an integrated suite of modules that allows your organization to seamlessly manage its services, projects, products, people and financials. It gives executives a real-time view into their organization’s investments, initiatives and resources, and empowers managers to deliver controlled and predictable execution of projects and programs.
- Successful delivery of the Customs Handling of International Postal Packages (CHIPP) Project; this delivered immediate benefit and revenue to HMRC and the HM Treasury
- Successful implementation of IT Solution Department stand of the Evidence Exploitation (Case Management) Project. On this project the Obaforte partner worked with Autonomy/HP (IDOL, Introspect), Accenture and Capgemini. This Infrastructure and Application project is due to deliver multi-million pound benefits to HMRC. The solution also included the e-disclosure process for Criminal Investigation that delivers a digital solution for evidential manual/paper processes.
- The successful implementation of the full Spectrum Enhancements projects and ensured the system was compliant with the Management of Police Information (MOPI) directives.
- The implementation of CEDRIC data management – this involved over a million records. The aim was to ensure that the system complied with Data Protection Act (DPA) and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROCA)
- The successful implementation of ‘My Tasks’ calendar solution. This provided an immediate business by saving thousands of man-hours in manual processing.
- The successful implementation of Semaphore extracts for the UK Border Force.
- Successfully implemented the upgrade programme of Enforcement & Compliance (E&C) unit from Windows XP to Windows 7 including IE8 and 9 upgrades in a Restricted environment
Benefits of using Obaforte:
We quickly understood the objectives and identified the challenges in terms of application development. We then leveraged our robust skills and techniques to facilitate workshops to scope out functional requirements and prioritise and estimate the effort resources required for each delivery step. As part of our service offerings, we use the best project methodology and models to deliver a robust and sustainable plan.
Obaforte’s experience and best working practice has also ensured high levels of skills transfer as well as business user engagement and empowerment.
Obaforte Project and Programme partners and associates are trained and experienced in PRINCE2, CMMI, Agile, Kanban etc.