Project & Programme Management: Delivery Services
Industry: Public Sector
Client: Atos Origin / Ministry of Justice
About the Client
Atos is an international information technology services company with annual revenues of EUR6.8 billion and has 93,000 employees in 72 countries. The UK Ministry of Justice awarded a multi-million pound IT delivery contract.
As part of this contract our Senior Delivery Consultant was engaged to manage the rationalisation of a number of UK courts, including the delivery of network, infrastructure, and application projects.
To deliver a full technical and business solution within very tight timescales. To manage multiple suppliers and ensure they deliver to agreed time, quality and budget.
- A number of [complex] projects were running behind schedule due to challenges with coordination and planning
- The project objectives were unclear and it became apparent that the various teams were not working in collaboration
- There was also the aim to improve software developments by reducing the complexity of releases to avoid downtime
Our Senior Consultant formulated an action plan, that involved staffing a project and PMO office. A solution checklist was developed that reflected the requirements. Our team also developed a robust project plan that reflected reality, but also identified critical paths.
- Integral part of the lead delivery management team that successfully delivered the Manchester Civil Justice Centre (MCJC) project. This project involved multiple court migrations, and also included the setting up of complex network, applications and infrastructure solutions. MCJC is the largest civil court to be constructed in the UK for more than a century and the largest court building in Europe. It was named one of the “Best British buildings of the 21st century.
- Delivered the rationalisation and infrastructure and network solutions for the following courts: QEII Liverpool Combined Court, Liverpool Civil & Family Court, Merthyr Tydfil Crown Court and Pontypridd Magistrate & County Court in Wales.
- Delivery of the LogicaCMG applications transition programme. This also included the court applications delivery programme such as PCOL, CaseMan, ProbateMan and eDiary
- Managed and delivered technical solutions for various UK courts e.g. VLAN and IP address configurations, Sub-Net masking, communications and telephone set-up, server and comms room installation – this involved working with third party partners.